The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
•A Lopez responds to a citizen assist call. A citizen reported frequent reckless driving behaviors on the south end. A report was taken, and patrol will be increased.
• A deputy to respond to a report of a theft/shoplifter at a local business. Upon arrival the representative found the caller waiting with the suspect involved. The stolen property was recovered, the business declined to prosecute, and a trespass letter was issued to the suspect.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a possible cryptocurrency scam.
• A Lopez response to a lost property call. A boat that was moored on a buoy was missing. The citizen notified Coast Guard, dispatch registered the vessel as missing, and the deputy took a report.
• A San Juan representative spoke with a citizen about an individual trespassing in their store.
• An Orcas representative investigated a fraud report. No suspect information was available.
• A representative on San Juan took a report of a fraudulent phone call a citizen received from a person pretending to be from the county and who was trying to serve papers. The citizen did not provide any additional information and did not sustain a monetary loss.
• Dispatch was notified by Skagit County that a stolen boat was headed toward Lopez and the Coast Guard arrested the boat thief before he on the island.
• An investigation continues into a citizen’s complaint of the theft of a golf cart.
• A Lopez response to a business about a theft complaint. A customer had left the store without paying for items. The customer returned the items and claimed he did not mean to take the items without paying for them. He criminally trespassed from the store.
• A San Juan deputy respond to a report of an agency assist. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez deputy was called out for a 911 hang-up. The owner of the phone was located and stated his phone malfunctioned.
• An Orcas deputy responds to a report of a burglary on Main Street. An investigation was conducted, and a report stated an unknown suspect(s) stole approximately $600 worth of tools from a construction site.
• An Orcas deputy investigated burglaries to several businesses in the downtown Eastsound area. Forced entry was made to the businesses but no loss was incurred. The investigation is ongoing.
• Lopez EMS and a deputy responded to a driver who suffered a medical episode and drove off the roadway.
• A representative on San Juan responded to a report of a theft from a shed on private property. The item was listed as stolen and the case documented. There is no suspect information, nor any workable leads.
• A representative to respond to a report of an assault on San Juan. The victim reported being poked in the chest by an elderly lady in the gravel pit area on Pear Point Road. The victim was not injured, declined to assist in prosecution, and just wanted the incident documented.
• On San Juan, the reporting was contacted in reference to a possible order violation. The person calling has an order against a neighbor. After speaking with the person and checking the area, it did not appear to be a violation.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a theft. The person calling reported a theft from a local business and provided a description of the vehicle and a suspect.
• Deputies responded to a harassment call near Eastsound. The suspect was found and arrested.
• When a San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle because the driver was not wearing a safety belt, they were also found to have a suspended driver’s license. Citations were issued for not having insurance and for not wearing a seatbelt and the report will be sent to the prosecutor’s office for a charging decision.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle as the owner did not have a driver’s license. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance and the representative’s report will be sent to the prosecutor’s office for a charging decision for driving with a suspended license-third-degree.
• A Lopez resident reported the theft of eggs from a farm stand. Efforts will be made to identify the suspect.
• An Orcas deputy recovered a bicycle found in Buck Park. The bicycle was booked into the substation as found property.
• A Lopez citizen turned in a lost driver’s license found on the side of the road. A Lopez deputy located the owner and returned the license. The owner mentioned the license fell out of their pocket while they were biking.
A representative was dispatched to a vehicle prowl in the Eastsound area. It was later determined that a family member had moved the items and no crime was committed.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a traffic hazard involving an abandoned vehicle blocking the roadway. The deputy located another vehicle that was driving to the scene with the original driver, who had stalled the car. Both drivers had suspended licenses and a report will be sent to the prosecuting attorney for charging.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of suspicious activity at a group of mailboxes in which a suspect had placed business cards in some mailboxes. The suspect was contacted, and a report was completed.
• A San Juan deputy responds to a report of an order violation. The representatives’s report was sent to the prosecutor’s office for a charging decision.
• A Lopez deputy conducted a traffic stop on Mud Bay Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding and given a warning for expired registration.
• On San Juan, a deputy was dispatched to a suspicious circumstance. An unidentified caller said a person had poured gasoline on themselves and was threatening to harm themselves. The representatives contacted the person who said they were not intending to harm themselves.
• A representative was dispatched to a report of an unwanted person in the Friday Harbor area. The representatives arrived and made contact with the person. The person said they would be sleeping in their vehicle for the night.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a non-injury accident between a school bus with no kids aboard and a sedan.
• A Lopez deputy was notified of a missing person. The person was found near her home and safely returned.
• A representative on San Juan spoke with a citizen who wanted to trespass an individual who lives off-island. The representative was able to contact the individual and the trespass letter was served.
• An Orcas representative was dispatched to a found property call in the Eastsound area. The property was collected, and a report was completed.