- To start a Club on Clubhouse, head to your profile page and tap the “Create a Club” option.
- You’ll need to give your Club a name, and choose whether it’s public or invite-only.
- Once you’ve started your Club, you can schedule events that other Clubhouse users can join.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Clubhouse encourages users to join public chats on any topic they’re interested in. The main feed page features dozens of rooms, most of which have dozens of listeners and speakers at any given time.
But if you want to keep your Clubhouse chats a bit more exclusive, you’re in luck. That’s what Clubs are for.
Clubs are a special feature on Clubhouse that let multiple people come together to schedule and host chats. Your Club can have its own name and icon, along with a list of topics and set of rules. If you’re the leader of an organization or group, Clubs are a great way to stand out in the app.
It won’t take long to make your first club. Here’s how to do it.
How to make a Club on Clubhouse
Anyone can make a Club, and you can be part of an unlimited number of them.
1. Open Clubhouse and tap your profile picture in the top-right corner.
2. Scroll down to the Member of section and tap Create a Club.
3. A page will appear where you can fill out all of your Club’s basic information. You don’t have to give it a picture or description, but you do have to pick a name, whether it’s public or invite-only, and whether chatrooms can be started by any member or only “leaders.” You should also pick out a few “Topics” that your group will focus on.
Once you’re ready, tap Create in the top-right.
4. The app will ask you to start inviting members right away. Send your invitations using the list of recommended members, or by sharing a direct link, and then tap Done.
How to manage your Club
You’ll be brought to your Club’s homepage. Here, you can schedule a chat, or invite and delete members.
Scroll down to the bottom of your Club’s homepage to find a list of everyone in the Club. You can tap the little title next to their name to choose whether they’re a Member, Leader (can start chatrooms and schedule events), or Admin (chooses Leaders and can edit every Club setting). You can also tap Remove from club to kick them out.
If you tap the gear icon In the top-right corner, you’ll find some more options for customizing the Club. Of note here is the Edit Club Rules option — tap this, and you’ll get to write and save up to three rules for anyone who joins your club and chatrooms.
When you schedule an upcoming event, you can choose what it’ll be about, as well as whether it’s open to the public or exclusive for Club members. By default, anyone in the Club will get a notification as soon as the event starts.
And no matter who joins your club’s chats, they’ll always see the club’s name at the top of the screen while they’re listening.
If you later decide that you want to leave or delete your club, tap that gear icon in the corner again. You’ll see the Leave club and Delete club options at the bottom of the pop-up menu.