Meeting link: https://call.lifesizecloud.com/12429552
Attached is a DRAFT Town Meeting Agenda. Items may be added or removed from the agenda until the FINAL Town Meeting Agenda is approved and sent out and posted on the Friday before a Town Meeting.
Meeting discussion items:
1. March meeting minutes approval
2. Outreach sub-committee report; BTW – we now have business cards!
3. BASECAMP projects:
• Pollinator demonstration gardens – edging for Memorial Park is done; plant tags are ready for installation; Village of Foxfield eyebrow and circle planting; meadow planting at Remsberg Park; pollinator garden care schedule.
• Bee City USA – renewal application submitted end of February; will need to start working on IPM for next year’s submittal.
• Compost project – bin site at Memorial Park (Cindy has weight numbers to share!)
• Lunch Out Of Landfills – started Feb. 28 for 6th grade students at MMS; NexTrex program at MES
• Website updates, ideas (‘green homes,’ climate change)
4. Tree plantings – Potomac Edison program on Friday, April 29th; tree planting maint. schedule (see below);
Keep Maryland Beautiful grant for 10 EarthPlanter trees was awarded!!
5. Mosquito control in town stormwater management facilities (Ann P./Karen W.)
6. Tree City USA – growth award was approved, and materials were received
7. Green Expo – planning is in full force!
8. Gift Tree Program – flyer boxes were installed at Wiles Branch Park, Memorial Park and on Cone Branch Trail – please monitor as you frequent those areas; beautiful new brochures were perfected by Pam.
9. Green Lecture series with library – mosquito control, composting, organic lawn care
GOALS FOR 2022:
PLANT 100 TREES IN 2022 –
CREATE A TREE GIFT PROGRAM – GOAL OF $1,000 –
QUANTIFY/SHOW PROGRESS ON 25% CANOPY BY 2025
HOLD GREEN EXPO – April 23
SUPPORT MES & MMS LOOL PROGRAM – VOLUNTEER SUPPORT – ✓
PROMOTE & SELL 20 COMPOSTING BINS –
PROMOTE & SELL 25 RAIN BARRELS (GRANT REQUEST)?
EVALUATE & RECOMMEND STREETLIGHT BUYBACK PROGRAM TO TOWN BOARD
CREATE 2 AC POLLINATOR MEADOW NEAR SOLAR ARRAY
EDUCATION ON STORMWATER PERMIT PROGRAMS
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
➢ Habitat advisors volunteers
FUTURE PLANTING AREAS:
➢ North Pointe thicket (see Ann P.) – willow tree and button bushes
TREE PLANTING MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
April 8 (Friday) 10 am -12:30 pm – FRO area at Knoll Side Lane/Alt 40A
April 12 (Tuesday) 1:00-2:30 pm – finish FRO area; North Pointe plantings
April 26 (Tuesday) 1:30-3 pm – Middletown Parkway plantings
May 10 (Tuesday) 9-10:30 am – FRO area off Layla Drive
May 20 (Friday) 10-11:30 am – FRO area off Layla Drive
June 3 (Friday) 10-11:30 am – Wiles Branch dog park
June 7 (Tuesday) 9-10:30 am – Cone Branch pocket park
June 17 (Friday) 10-11:30am – Cone Branch pocket park